View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 09:00 AM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I bought slip cases and binders from Archival Methods, and they are good products. I still have some sets in them, but I have increasingly moved away from binders in favor of of cards/sets in toploaders/Card Savers in boxes. I didn't do this because I'm afraid of damage, however. I've successfully stored cards in binders for decades with zero issues. The reason I have shifted strategies is due to the fact that I am starting to collect more variations, and I don't want to worry about having to rearrange an entire binder set when I didn't leave enough empty spaces for the variations of a given card. My OCD demands that the variations of a card all be side by side and not have some at the end of a set. I know I'm weird. I also like being able to "play" with my cards when I want to. I like arranging and then rearranging my early 50s sets. Sometimes I want them in chronological order, and sometimes I want them arranged by team.
My cards have been in binders for years with no issues.

I too have gotten into variations. My sets from 1965 on are in team order but those from 1964 or earlier are arranged in numerical order. So when I get a variation in a set in numerical order, say like number 7, I have to move almost 600 cards to fit it in. (I'm like you, variations MUST go next to or on top or bottom of each other.) I am very careful but really enjoy looking at and holding those cards again.

PS You are not weird. My wife calls my collecting habits "Quirky".

Mike