View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Yankees View Post
I have been reading other posts and signatures seeing collectors are doing more then one set at a time, I thought of the same thing!! The sets I thought of starting were 1961 and 1962 Topps. But my question is that is it more time consuming putting 2 or more sets together or more fun then just one??
I used to do the one set at a time thing when I was working on the mid to late 1970s sets that were issued in one series. However, once I got to the early '70s sets that had high number series I started having multiple sets in the works at a time. I am a budget collector, so those high number series tend to take a really long time to complete affordably. So, it is good to have another set where you can chip away at the lower series at the same time.

Additionally, there are some sets that have really expensive cards that may impede progress. As an example, I am working 4 sets right now: 1955, 1960, 1965, and 1968. I am only two cards from finishing '68, one of which is the Ryan rookie card. I haven't been able to find that card where my desires for condition matched my available funds. So, that has been sitting incomplete for almost two years. If I only worked one set at a time, that would be a pretty long dry spell.