View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 11:29 PM
N.ate A.dams

Long story short, I attempted several times to advise the card shop that hosted this event that they are going to need more vintage, because I anticipated the show would be just like it ended up. On Sunday, the guy who ran it then came to me and asked if I had advice. I believe they're willing to learn, and I do think next time it will have a greater assortment and has the potential to be a big show.

It was actually the first card show I have ever attended, so I figured I'd jump right in and set-up. Didn't really know what to expect, so I just bought 1 table. I should have bought 3 or 4. I live in Palm Beach.

I was the one at the tail end of the video that Orlando took - and
I brought a small percentage of my inventory, which was about 250 or so graded T206s and other tobacco cards, and had a binder of raw E and T cards.

John: I wonder if it was your neighbor that I spoke to? A gentleman mentioned how his friend wasn't able to come but that he would relay what I had back to him. I gave him my card. I definitely think my tobacco cards were pretty nice though and definitely not beat-up!

Next time, even if I'm yet again the only vintage guy in a sea of modern, I will make sure it's worth your time to come. I had some incredible conversation with a bunch of collectors - both vintage veterans and people who continued to say "I need to be buying vintage".

Last edited by npa589; 01-15-2023 at 11:34 PM.