View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 07:50 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Default Is it worth it?

I think the answer to your question depends on what you plan to do with them.

If you’re planning to sell, then it almost definitely is worth it.

If you just want to make it easier for your heirs to sell, then it’s probably worth it, unless you expect that timeline to be decades away. If it’s that far away, then the grading game might change dramatically by then, and today’s SGC might be yesterday’s GAI.

If you’re just curious about whether they are legit, then that’s really a personal question about whether it’s worth it to you to really know what the TPG thinks.

And if you just think you will enjoy them better or want to avoid the possibility of additional damage by putting them in a graded case, then that’s also entirely a personal question for how much those features are worth to you.

But if it were me, I’d probably get them graded. At the same time, I’m generally a PSA acolyte, so I would be inclined to go with them, if for no other reason than they will match my other slabs. Admittedly you’ll need to pack your patience. However, you would probably be submitting at one of their premium levels, so it would probably go faster. My recent submission at their “up to $4,999” level came back in about 2 weeks door to door.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel