View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 08:04 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The story in The Card is from multiple hearsay sources, sometimes multiple levels, no? Not terribly reliable.
I would not call The Card terribly reliable - O’Keeffe seems to believe whatever his interview subjects said and done little genuine inquiry. I do believe he accurately reported what people said to him, but it is hardly a good book objectively.

I do think this hearsay, from people at least connected to the origin as I recall it, does obviously beat a single memory of an unknown person saying something else at a show once to someone. That’s a lower level of hearsay.

The whole point of asking for evidence is that I cannot find much actual material to go on, just a lot of myths, conflicting stories, and accounts with little to back them. I don’t have any opinion on where it originated. This is why I was asking for the “research”. There is a lot that could be learned from a partial T206 sheet, if one ever existed (yes, I am aware sheets existed when they were printed in 1909-1911, before someone steps in to correct me with the blindingly obvious).

Last edited by G1911; 11-18-2022 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Fixed a stray “i”