View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I'm very excited to add this latest piece into my collection. I had to pass on a raw version of this card when I was at the Philly Show in early June. I stalked out a few Auctions, narrowly missing out on an Authentic version of this card in a recent Goldin auction. I didn't want to allow this one to get away though.

I'm seeing the end of a steady climb that I've made over the past couple of years concerning my Mantle collection/run. My next big acquisition, after a little bit of saving will be his 1953 Topps. Once that happens, I'll turn my attention towards his cards of the 60's, as they are readily available at decent prices.

Once all of that is completed however, my journey will end there, at least for now. I will not be able to afford either the 52 Topps or the 51 Bowman anytime soon. My collecting interests will shift to something else, as both of the aforementioned cards won't be a possibility until I retire, most likely. And considering I have many, many more years to go on that front, it won't be anytime soon! I've spoken about this with older collectors and said this many times, thankfully Collecting is a Journey. Enough of my rambling here's the card:

It's easy to ignore the borders with his face and the pinstripes so prominent. Congrats on a great looking card.