View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 06:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That's gorgeous... congrats on a great pickup, Greg.

I'll defer to Rob G. on your LA Chargers question....

But can assure you that you're in for a looooong wait (and stiff hit to the wallet), if/when you go after the Texans pennant. I have been trying for a few years, with no luck whatsoever. I was holding out for the yellow version (which I much prefer), and subsequently blew off a chance to buy a nice Red version at a decent price.

Big mistake... the only yellow one to surface since then looked like moth-induced swiss cheese (for a cool one grand). The Titans pennant will be much easier, and should run you less than $300. Good luck!
There isn't a known AFL logo L.A. Chargers pennant. Not only have I never seen one, there's a Chargers super collector named Pete Lowry who hasn't either. He has pretty much every Chargers pennant known to exist. This provides a pretty good hint at when the AFL began to use a trade mark. Had to be 1962 (the Titans and Texans were gone in 1963) which I believe predates the NFL use of a trademark.

Another oddity (probably to only me) is that the Miami Dolphins don't have a single bar helmet pennant with the AFL logo but all other AFL teams do including the Bengals who became a team two years after the Dolphins.

Mark...How could you pass on a beautiful red Texans pennant!

Last edited by Fballguy; 08-24-2020 at 06:41 PM.