View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I noticed that Heritage (most of the big houses broker) takes 10% from the amount the seller receives. Thus they happily mention that you should take that into account if sending an offer to a seller, lol.

Here's the not so subtle hint:

"This item's owner is actively responding to (though not necessarily routinely accepting) offers. Most owners in this category are still actively buying, and therefore interested only in offers where they can net (after our 10% fee) an amount sufficiently above today's market value. Owners in this category seldom counter-offer, and will usually simply reject offers placed at current auction values or lower."

It makes sense to me as they are selling on commission essentially, that the seller would pay and there would be no buyer premium. It's also semantics as they mention that in order to get a positive reaction to your offer you should calculate that in for the seller. So the actual legal payment is taken from the seller on the paperwork, however the real world answer is all perspective.

Here is their official language:

"What is Heritage's Commission?
Heritage retains only 10% (minimum $40 per lot) of the total price to offset payment processing, administrative and support costs. This service is free to the buyer (no Buyer's Premium), includes a 7 day return policy with the exception of third-party graded and encapsulated items (NGC, PCGS, CGC, PSA, SGC, PMG, CAG, Beckett, Wata, etc.), and protects the identity of both parties. Because Make Offer to Owner transactions are not auctions and no Buyer's Premium is charged, auction consignment discount coupons are not accepted for this program."

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 08-05-2022 at 11:11 AM.