View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
You had a local show? Can you talk a little bit about what that was like? Masks and distancing and so forth? Many of us would love to hear about it.
Sure thing -- it's a long-running show with strong dealers from the midwest, about 100T, usually running Bi-monthly under normal circumstances. It's usually a 2-day affair, but reduced to Saturday only due to the virus this time.

There was an advertised mask mandate, and I'm happy to say that there was 100% compliance with this.
Social distancing was of course difficult, but people seemed to make an effort to stay several feet apart at tables much of the time.
Hand sanitizer stations abounded.
The venue was not as "packed" as usual.

The promoter and I are friendly, and confided that it wasn't clear if there would be a last-minute pulling of the plug from the county, which didn't happen.
The health board liaison did request one-way traffic in the building (a large fairgrounds shed with basic HVAC), but that wasn't ever going to work out.

As a physician, I feel like I should probably put my doctor hat on here too. It is probably not currently a good idea to go into any non-open air space with other people for >30 minutes right now.
Masks help with droplet spread (from a cough or sneeze), but not much with the aerosolized virus from normal breathing/speaking.
Our numbers in central Ohio are trending stable, but still significant.
So I will have some anxiety about having gone, and especially for our Dealer friends who were in there all day, with the longest risk of exposure based on time in the room.

If it had been the Wild West on masks, I would have been out of there instantly. As it was, I tried to limit my time there to 2 hrs and take as many reasonably precautions as I could.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to PM me -- would just ask that responses don't go here below, as I don't want to hijack the August Pickup thread.
Thanks for the question, D!
|
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)