View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 10:50 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Cards View Post
I listed a '75 George Brett Mini a few weeks ago. First auction got bid up to $560, way more than I was expecting. Even though I had "Mini" as the 3rd word in the title, the buyer asked to cancel because he didn't realize it was a "Mini". I shook my head, canceled the sale and relisted the card, this time highlighting that this was a Mini in the description as well. Card sold again for $500. I messaged the buyer and reminded him he had won a Topps Mini. His reply was "Oh, thanks, I didn't realize that, but I'll take it anyway."

My thought was, I'm not dealing with collectors. I'm dealing with people who only saw Brett RC and maybe don't even know Topps makes Minis. Maybe they read an article about hot cards to buy now, something like that?

Maybe the same with this card. Buyers see 1953 Mantle and bid it up without even taking the time to really look at the cards or read.

Hahaha. I ALWAYS miss “mini” on the 75’s. I’ve done it like a half dozen times. I was getting a Yount RC for a signing and bought the mini. Realized before shipping but said aww screw it. I bought a regular and got them both signed. But $35 versus $4K is a big difference. I feel for the buyer on this but it’s disclosed. Hmmm

Last edited by Marchillo; 02-21-2021 at 10:57 AM.