View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I watched a special documentary on Fauci yesterday. He seems very honest and sincere to me. But those that are conspiracy theorists always have their own, made up, set of realities. He believes in the science as I do. He's really just a great person and a gifted doctor and scientist.
Good post Leon. Ignore others that will attack your thinking and opinions. Funny how some will even try to politicize PBS now it seems.

Apparently to many today, there can be no impartial and unbiased news sources at all out there anymore. What a shame, too bad we can't go back to times of truly professional newscasters who made it a point to impartially let us know what was going on, like a Walter Cronkite, or Huntley and Brinkley, without all the personal and political crap being attached to it.

For all the naysayers of the Covid vaccines (and yes, I am very much aware that it is incorrectly called a vaccine), this Covid outbreak just showed how little we truly know about medicines, science, and ourselves. People were (and still are to a point) very much scared and afraid when the Covid pandemic started as no one really knew what was happening, the ultimate result of it, and how, if even possible, to stop it. It highlighted how little we really know, despite thinking we are all so advanced and intelligent, and thus should have known exactly what to do from the very beginning. It highlights the self-importance of Monday morning quarterbacks who have no qualms of complaining about and accusing others of doing the wrong things, but ignores the fact that they themselves were totally ignorant and doing nothing. At least people were trying to do something as quickly as they could, even if they didn't then know what was right or wrong. And sadly, we still don't really know what is right or wrong in trying to combat Covid. If we actually did know, we should have stopped it by now, but of course we haven't, and likely never will. It appears it will be with us now going forward, just like colds and flus.

And this is nothing new. You can go back in history to things like Salk's polio vaccine, and see there were similar concerns and naysayers at the time, including others that were very well known and renowned doctors/scientists in their own right. Just shows how even the medical/scientific community wasn't always able then (or still today) to figure out what is truly right or wrong. Yet. there were even cases where it was found that Salk's polio vaccine unfortunately caused some people to actually end up developing polio, and even ended up in deaths for some others as well, all as a result of taking the vaccine. Yet is there is anyone today that doesn't praise Salk and laud the success and effectiveness of the vaccine he developed? Thank God back then there wasn't an internet and social media like there is today so all the ignorant, contrarian a--holes of today could have shouted and put Salk down, and possibly delayed, or even stopped, his eventual development of the vaccine. There's an old saying about if you don't study and learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. Well, if there is one things humans have shown over the course of history, it is that we are extremely dumb, and apparently never learn from anything. Giving any of these people that continue to spew their crap any attention, just spurs them on to continue it. The best recourse is to ignore and not directly engage with them. They'll still try to bring forth some issues and confrontation, so they can continue their ridiculous diatribes and illogical nonsense, mostly I'm guessing to feed their own narcissistic and infantile need for attention. There is a thing here on the forum called the "Ignore" feature gentlemen (and ladies). I suggest trying it out. And if you're worried about losing out on some of the actual hobby related info and posts such misguided people occasionally do put forth as well, I think you end up much farther ahead by not having to also see and read their crap and BS. it is a more than fair exchange IMO.

And on a related topic/issues involving Covid, what is with all the complaints and statements that masks are useless? Fine, but I would first off separate the issues of mask usefulness from the issue of mask mandates. Speaking only to the topic of mask usefulness, if they don't help to stop the potential spread of germs, viruses, etc. then why is it that virtually every doctor and nurse in the world today still wear masks in the performance of their duties in performing surgeries and in other aspects of providing their medical services? And since there still doesn't seem to be any exact, definitive answer on how this Covid virus, and its numerous, continuously evolving variants can be transmitted, is there truly a 0% chance that wearing a mask could help someone avoid getting Covid? If not, then those naysayers about masks should just STFU and go away and let others do what they feel is right for them. As for the issue of mandates, I was never for them, but can understand the thinking behind trying to do something to help keep other innocent people from catching Covid. It is truly funny though how the same hypocritical a--holes that bitch and moan about anyone telling them what to do in forcing them to wear a mask, in an attempt to hopefully save other innocent people's lives by not having the Covid virus passed on to them, often seem to make up the exact same group of people that does a complete 180 degree flip and have no trouble telling and mandating what pregnant women can and must do, even at the risk of their own lives, in an attempt to supposedly save other innocent lives. Do as I say, don't do as I do a--holes, one and all! Still, I did not care to see people losing jobs because of these mask mandates either. But I can at least understand the thinking behind them to hopefully at least try to save people's lives. Also, the one perfect idea and way to actually have gotten rid of the Covid virus entirely would be if you could have isolated everyone throughout the entire world for a couple weeks at the exact same time, so as to allow those with the virus to get over it, and no one else have it passed to them. In that way the virus would have died out as no one would have been left with an active strain to be passed on to others. But of course, that is impossible in the world of today. But that is what would have worked. Once again, too bad that all humanity couldn't agree on something that would actually benefit all of humanity.

And lastly, I can see and understand allowing people to voice their opinions on US policy and such, freedom of speech and all. But when you get people that aren't even US residents and taxpayers sticking their noses in and trying to tell me how my politicians and government are all wrong and corrupt in regard to the Covid pandemic and the treatment of US citizens, my advice to them would be to STFU and go complain about what your own government and officials are doing wrong in regard to the Covid virus. When something Fauci had said or done had actually affected and/or impacted you in your foreign country, then, and only then, would I give any credence to anything you have to say about US Covid policies and rules. Guys, quit giving such bozos a platform and continuing to engage with them when all they do is continue to spew BS, refuse to answer any of your questions, don't use or follow any reasonable logic or common sense, and literally just keep saying the same thing over and over again - "I'm right and you're all wrong!" I feel like a broken record at times pointing out those on this site that are like that. Hopefully someone is paying attention.