View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 07:57 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjere View Post
I think Dallas is killin’ it with this deal and Kyrie-Luka after a month will start looking a little like Kyrie-LeBron did.
I also have the unpopular opinion that the media blows everything out of proportion and that Kyrie is not anti-Semitic like he says.
I admit I don’t know all the details, but I’m sick of everyone jumping on a bandwagon to hate someone just because the media says they should. My Jewish friend said playfully that I don’t like him because I said this about Kyrie. It proved my point exactly that hate by association isn’t hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't matter if Irving is actually anti-Semitic or just an idiot. Jews have been increasing under attack in the US (edit: can't find the source for the stat I referenced, but Jews are disproportionately targeted beyond any other religion in the US by a wide margin) And Irving referenced a movie that perpetuates the myths that are the basis for some of these ideas; and then spoke of 'having an army behind him.'

I frankly don't care if a person is anti-Semitic. On its own, it's ignorant and stupid, but it's not dangerous. But what Irving did is potentially very, very dangerous. Statements like that by a person who views himself as a victim and has an enormous following is dangerous, and can easily have led to violence.

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 03-05-2023 at 08:05 PM.