View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Not an insult to you personally, however I think there is a misconception by many that trimming is an easily visible trait. On a card like this, it is going to be done in the best way possible. A scan would not help me at all.

This is now an art requiring examination of the side with a loupe for compression from the cutter, exposure of cardboard layering, sizing differences measured in minutia.

The days of quick examination for inconsistences or dog-ears on a card of this level are gone forever. This is why on many only a BODA examination of the locating the original untouched photo and doing comparative analysis is the best case for locating.

While not really possible in the case to closely examine under heavy magnification as to the sides of this card, I have to trust the grader. If you feel different, you would need to crack and do closer examination. No one is perfect and that includes the graders.

Even if trimmed in that condition, it would still garner a fair value in my mind. It's beautiful.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.