View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!
jethrod3,
Thank you.
Here is what I can tell you about my Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket:

It was purchased in a major catalogue auction (unfortunately I don't remember which one) perhaps 20 years ago. I was fortunate on the acquisition price as it was a different era in ticket collecting. I have been collecting the no-hitter ticket theme for over 40 years. The older vintage fountain pen scrawls on the back are obviously intact and do a nice job of authenticating the stub. It also has some writing on the front that is no longer legible and is faded due to father time.
The clipping accompanied the ticket stub in the auction.

BTW, I have seen two other examples of undated GA blue tickets from Vandy's 1st no-hitter that were attached to scored scorebooks. At least one of them had writing on the ticket stub indicating details of the game. Your GA ticket number is within about 2800 of another of these GA tickets that I have seen attached to a scored scorebook, so I would not discount that this ticket COULD have been from Vandy's game.
If you would like to reach out to me via e-mail, I could send you photos of this scorebook and ticket as an assist. I am not a fan of PSA at all but they would not authenticate your ticket, so you are best not wasting your time...