View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Default Major Announcement from Wholesale Cards

This is the July 1, 1966 price list that starts out with the announcement that Wholesale Cards has bought out Marshall Oreck. Bruce Yecko is justifiably very proud that the new catalog (see David's post above for scan) will be similar to the one that Marshall "has published for the last three years, but with 50 more sets" and promised that the catalog will be "the most complete book of information on recent issues ever published." I emphatically agree.

With each order you would receive a new price list. Often, Bruce would place comments or state which cards were currently in stock along the boarder of the price list. On this one, he responded to my question of availability of a regional issue, 1965 Big Red Biographies and offered to pay $0.15 each for mine. I wasn't selling then, but 51 years later, I did and received substantially more from a advanced net54 football collector.

Directly below the red ink message, you might notice a cut out corner of the price list. This is where Bruce wrote out my credit slip, which was obviously redeemed. I'm sure it was for less than a dollar as my total orders were usually between $2 and $4. I wasn't smart enough to ask my dad to write a check, but I was smart enough to tape down all the nickles, dimes and quarters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wholesale Cards.jpg (79.6 KB, 196 views)