View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:23 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
With THAT payroll year after year to win 1 WS in the last 20 years is pretty pathetic.

The Florida Marlins won their second World Series in 2003, with a payroll of just $48.8 million, the Yankees payroll in 2003..........$152.7 million.

A NY fan in denial, big surprise.
Money does not buy you Championships. It helps a team get to the playoffs, but then it's a combination of a bit of talent, a bit of luck and a bit of timing. Denial would imply that I haven't accepted the Yankees not winning, and that's clearly not the case, they are not the Franchise they once were. I'm very grateful of all the success I've seen my team have in my lifetime, it's more than many get to see. If this is the end of the line for the Yankees winning then so be it, I am okay with that. The Sox played some great ball last night, Eovaldi really stepped up, pitched a great game. I don't think they go all the way, but they have great chemistry, and clearly feed off of one another. Good veteran leadership in that lockeroom as well. Cora has done a great job with that team.

I hope you have a good night, and enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.