View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Default OK, with all the bad news I got a question

Posted By: John_B_California

-I love the memories associated with cards. Days spent trolling through shows in the late 80's early 90's. Memories of card shops I went to on family trips throughout California (from Solvang through San Francisco). Dreaming of owning the cards behind the glass counters.

-I love the fact that cards were an early entrepreneurial effort. Selling baseball cards at a little 25 table show when I was 12. Cards combine three things I like, sports, business and math.

-I love seeing new things and hearing about new finds (from the '14 Cracker Jack SGC set to the Mastro unopened box find a few years ago).

-I like the fact that you're buying great American collectibles, Americana.

-The investment aspect of course is very interesting (and possibly lucrative).

-I like the fact that it never ends. You're never done. There's always an upgrade to a set. There's always a new piece that's discovered (i.e. The T202 advertising piece in the last Robert Edward auction, who could of dreamed of that).

-Lots of variety. Hundreds of sets spanning over 100 years. From Poor to Gem Mint 10. From the obscure to 1952 Topps.

-Great looking sets. Love Goudeys, Diamond Stars, T206's.

-I'd rather own cards than stamps, coins, comics, etc. Those just don't do it for me.