View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 06:51 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Agreed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53toppscollector View Post
Yes but I think this undersells the number of true T206 collectors. This message board is just a small slice of the prewar card collecting population. There are likely tens of thousands of people scattered throughout the country who collect prewar baseball cards, T206 especially and have no idea Net54 exists. Their level of dedication and budgets will vary. But there is an appetite for these cards. Look no further than a typical day on ebay with auctions ending and Piedmont/SweetCap commons getting bid up to $70-90 bucks a piece. Off back Ty Cobbs brining mid 5 figures regularly the auction houses.

The Magie is a rare card. PSA has graded 135 total, SGC 79. Assuming a few crossovers in that total, and maybe a small handful buried away raw in cigar boxes somewhere waiting to be discovered, you are talking about a total of less than 250 copies of this card that exist in the world. There are more than 250 people out there who would want to own this card because they want a complete T206 set. If the value of the card goes down, it is likely because of other major things happening in the world causing the price of every non-essential good/service to go down
There are also PLENTY of folks that do not collect the T206 series as a set and just want a rare card like this! Like me!

Been hearing about it all my collecting life since 1976 and now I proudly own one. (Thanks to a net54 seller). I feel lucky.

It's not going down! If it does, I'll buy more! lol

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 01-12-2022 at 06:52 PM.