View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 05:40 AM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 38 (February 7, 2020 – 038)

I haven’t shown an album yet and today seems like a nice day to lay in my bed, nice and relaxed, and listen to an album on my record player. Well, I don’t have a record player anymore (of course my daughter does; if you didn’t know they are “IN”). Also, I probably wouldn’t be listening to this album, even though it’s likely interesting. Back in the day I’d be listening to Zeppelin, Rush, and maybe even some Alice Cooper (WHAT!) or many of the other albums I (my parents) purchased. By the time of 8-track and cassette tapes I was buying them myself or at least a some of them.

This album is entitled, “Brooks Robinson: Theory of Fielding” and of course has a picture of Brooks on the cover HITTING. Well, at least they used a cool shot with Brooks hitting (photo by TADDER) with it kind of exploding all around him (I’m sure you photography people would know the filter used; me, I don’t know). On the 1966 Orioles WS program a similar type shot was used. This album was from 1972 and if I would have ever listened to it, it probably talks about fielding…

1972 Brooks Robinson; Theory of Fielding album

Attachment 384540

Attachment 384541

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk