View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. It was nice to hear from a good group of my hobby buddies (new and old) in this thread and I certainly hope all of you are doing well and succeeding in your hobby-related projects as well

A few comments -

Steve - still plugging away on the e107s. Will focus on those more now that the t204s are done. I guess you could call the e107s my main project now

John D - Pelty is tricky as he's a Jewish player and I believe one of the very first ones known in the game. I had him pegged as one of the very toughest cards I needed to find and I felt that, while he wasn't the final t204 I needed for completion, I spent years asking for Pelty in particular so he ended up being a pretty big challenge. I ended up needing to buy a large group of t204s in REA just to get my first. Then, I was lucky enough to have that TTT example show up in Love of the Game auction a couple months later so I snagged it too.

Daryl - I hear you on the HOFers....I will likely do those eventually. There's a very small number of those in the set...16 I believe. A couple biggies though. For the time being, I think I'll upgrade some of the beaters I have and maybe go after some tougher HHH/blank backed examples of common players.