View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Joe P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
How was the show, Joe ?

Alan, being that you ask.
Being that you're a regular at the show, let me start off by saying that at every vintage table that I stopped at in every aisle, the dealers would always ask, "Where's Alan?
I would look at their concerned look, and I would respond.

Alan is going to the National, and he's saving every penny he can get, so that he can tip the waiter, at the National dinner.

In answer to your question, the Chantilly show never fails to surprise me.
A fellow board member, collector/dealer, had four T210 7's that were looking to fill an empty slot in my T210 binder.
Immediately after the deal, he had to run back home to his wife ... a smart move ... It was their anniversary.
Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Andy Cook.

If you're looking for pre WW I vintage, it is there.
You'll see the obligatory shiny stuff found at all shows, but if you check out Cy's Cards: you wont be disappointed.

Hank Thomas: and his assortment of family member Walter Johnson memorabilia, plus anything else from that period.

Huggins & Scott: Check out past, and current auctions

Kenneth Cohen: His pre WW I table will blow your mind ... tell me if I'm wrong.

Ron Barrett: Right next to Ken ... a One Two Punch.
Ron is a great guy, funny guy, and great cards.

There are others, but at 1 AM in the morning, my 78 year old memory bank fails me.
I know that I'm going to get nailed for not mentioning them.

Always the best part ... is talking hobby with Cy - Hank - Bruce Macpherson - Ken - Barrett - Frank Ceresi, and others that will nail me due to my memory laps.

Looking forward to meeting up with Jim Rivera, his daughter & son at tomorrows show.

BTW, I was talking to a dealer from New Jersey, doing his first Chantilly show ... he told me that the Chantilly show is held in high regards up North.
Nice to know.

Anyone coming to the show ... I'm the ugly guy wearing a straw hat.
Feel free to come up and take a shot at me, or just plain say Hello.

Last edited by Potomac Yank; 07-11-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: It's Ron Barrett next to Ken, not Bailey.