Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 07:39 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
No worries, Greg, it's not like you will find one to buy anyway.

I kid you, my friend. In the last two months three N223 Kinney Hold To Light Sullivans have reached market, after a very long drought, so anything could pop up.
Ain't that the truth! I haven't exactly followed this card specifically, but I don't believe I've seen another one besides that cool misprint copy you have (or had). My photo archive doesn't have an example picture of a correctly printed Johnson at all until this one.

I've gotten to the point where most of the cards on my c. 1910 boxing want list are just exciting to even see appear, whether I get them or not. Sometimes it's just fun to see things we didn't even know existed crop up, or cards that haven't been seen for years somehow come up in batches. This is what has been so fun with boxing, it's not usually a contest of how big my wallet is as it is an effort of research, digging and patience.

I have no idea how many T224/T229 cards there really are out there, but I'm starting to think it's not more than a couple dozen of each maybe.