View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:57 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

At the last National in AC I paid the $95 or whatever it was and got a nice 8x10 glossy with Darryl Strawberry. We chatted for a few minutes about the addiction work he does and I told him stories of watching him play. Didn't even get an autograph. I loved it. Was giddy like a small kid. If there are one or two people at the National this year I have a strong connection with I would happily do the same.

I'd pay a few bucks to get a photo with Mike Tyson but I don't believe he's coming this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Thing is, if you are paying for the experience, i.e., paying for the actual face-to-face thing, why aren't mail-in signings less expensive?

If you're actually there and meeting the player in person, then maybe I could see the expense, but if you're just mailing in an item to be signed, or getting a signed ball or photo that the promoter provides, then it should be substantially less expensive. It is not less expensive. All the major promoters charge the same amount for the autograph, whether it's obtained in-person, or via mail-in.

Steve

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-25-2022 at 07:58 PM.