View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 05:32 PM

I'm imagining me as an attendee and walking through the show checking out the tables, etc. What will I see when I walk up to your space? What will you have to capture my attention? What will your marketing/advertising be that will make me want to talk to you?

Now let' say I do stop. I own a large vintage collection. What offers do you have or presentation will you give that would make me want to sell my collection to you? What do you offer that an auction house doesn't? What would compel me take the next steps in selling you my collection?

I'm guessing the majority of people that would stop and have a serious conversation would be someone that has a horde of over produced product from the mid-80s through the mid-90s they are tired of storing.

Vintage collectors, for the most part, don't reveal to people they don't know or trust items they have in their collection. For good reason, people are out there scamming and taking advantage every day.

Competing with auction houses when it comes to selling vintage would be tough. Even if they're not an auction house, there are many reputable dealers out there soliciting constantly for vintage product - Dean's is just one example.

Try it small scale at first. Set up a table at the local swap meet, have a yard sale with purchasing vice selling.

Analysis the cost, and include everything. Remember, if you're purchasing it resale, it adds on. If you're purchasing it to collect, just keep in mind.

Just some random thoughts. Keep us posted on your decision and plans.