View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 04:40 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default "Unsearched" key word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason19th View Post
You are correct. BCE does an excellent job of certifying that the packs are authentic and not searched. My pint to all of this is BCE is not able to account for what’s in the box other then to say it’s authentic and unsearched. They cannot know about the coalition or the condition of the cards and cannot be expected to be able to do so. When you open wax it’s st your risk
Thank you for your insight.

So I knew all the above. Here is my story of disappointment. Won a lot of (4) BBCX wrapped and authenticated boxes of what I thought to be unopened and unsearched '89 Score FB sets - not packs. I recently opened two diff of the same product of which I had stored in my attic for 30+ years. Hence, I know how this set was packaged and collated within the box. First issue (with Score) is this product was never factory sealed in any way. Of the two of my own I opened, the majority of the contents were well centered and will yield a high rate of PSA Gem Mt 10s. This is in line with a diff factory set box I had purchased in '89 and opened and had several keys graded last year. My only disappointment was the B Sanders came back 9. Virtually every other key and some of the desirable stars commons delivered 10s at almost a 70% clip. The other two I owned since '89 appear that they will deliver much of the same 10 rate.

Now, comes the REA part of this. I opened the 1st REA BBCX box and the contents were not in sync and collated like my others. Huh? Close examination of the 8 HOF RCs and several other hi $$ cards shows nothing but OCs and poorly ctr'd cards that will maybe yield 7 or 8 if PSA grades with NQ. Not only that, NONE of the 8 diff HOF RCs were even close to being placed in proper sequence like my other three boxes I had opened previously. As a matter of fact, one of them was not even there. Missing was a Thurman Thomas rc. Not even in the box! To be certain this box was not just some freaky anomaly I opened one more REA BBCX wrapped box.....

Virtually identical results. Cards totally out of sequence with all keys OC or very poorly ctr'd. This time all 8 diff HOF RCs were at least there (totally out of factory collation), however, other keys were missing! Obviously, contents cherry picked and NOT UNSEARCHED.

I stopped and did not open the other two sets, as I am awaiting to hear back from Brian at REA as to how he wants to handle this.

I thought of contacting Steve Hart, but feel it best to go to my source - REA first. Generally Brian is fair and I believe he will take care of this (and likely give Steve some "feedback" about all this).