Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
hi
when i send him new additions i almost always send him a scan
so im curious how these items get in there
larry
Many of the erroneously listed cards come from old checklists and collectors' recollections that were "canonized" as the checklisting process was under way in pre-computer days. Some resulted from assumptions about the content of certain sets where the assumed qualifier was dropped. Others result from old analyses that have been disproved over time through new research. A great example is the dating on the U.S. Caramel set, which had long been given as a particular year set until collectors started analyzing the card backs and realized that the date had to be wrong. The 1925 Exhibit Champions Babe Ruth was listed as a 1932 issue in conjunction with the World's Fair until analysis of the rest of the set established that it was really a 1925 issue. The 1925-31 PC Back Exhibit set was listed as 1926-29 for a long time until analysis of the player team designations established that some of the cards were 1930-1931 issues and others were very likely 1925 issues. Even T206 was given as a 1910 set for a long time until researchers established a multi-year issue sequence over the various series.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...