View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Scott S

Although I had a great time, there were a couple of things which bugged me about the National. Nothing specific to the National, since they happen at all shows, but it seemed to be a constant.
- Some dealers really need to learn some customer service skills. I could count on my fingers the number of dealers who would greet me as I looked at their items at the table. Do they realize people are more likely to look a bit more if you have a smile or a welcoming remark?
- Can dealers learn to put prices on a card that is visible? Even if it is 3x what I want to pay, I honestly am more apt to look twice at the card with a price. On the front.
- For dealers who leave the table for extended periods, leaving a wife or someone who is unfamiliar with prices of items, you NEED to mark items with prices, rather than having the person tell the customer to come back later. This happened several times to me – I saw something of interest, asked how much it was, the person looked and saw no price, and told me to come back later when so-and-so was back at the table. At a venue like the National, there is a Blutarsky-esque 0.0% chance of me finding or wanting to return to that table later.