View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 01:48 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I would always say to collect it if you like the set, if you are considering it as a future investment I would possibly reconsider.

The vast majority of Topps Living, Project 20 or 70, and Topps now cards sell on the secondary market for much less than the original selling price. This was the same with etopps in it's day. If you are thinking of collecting base, then perhaps buy them later on eBay. For example of 3500 sold ungraded listings in a current eBay search (using quotes "Topps Living), 2900 sold under 10 dollars; 1400 sold under 5 dollars; 44 sold under 1 dollar. Keep in mind the 600 cards that sold for actually more than their 10 dollar purchase price for base in that search includes any ungraded special auto'ed or serial numbered cards. I think the aftermarket is the place to be on these if you are a buyer.

If you are thinking of buying some of the limited auto'ed or 1/10 items, some have gone up nicely like the Ohtani items. It's just a very limited market for many of them as they were never distributed via packs and many collectors just don't accept them.

I admittedly loved the Topps 20 project and some of the others and bought them because I liked them. In truth, I lost likely half of the purchase price on every single one. Now if I see one I like, I make a note of it and look for it six months later at a lower price.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 03-12-2024 at 02:00 PM.