Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: Jim VB

Dave, Tom, et al,

You guys have either been drinking the red Kool-aid or watching too much FOX News. Obama has NEVER changed the levels of his tax plan. He has always said taxes will go up (from 36% to 39%, back to what they were under Reagan) on family incomes over $250,000 (individuals over $200,000). He has always said that taxes will go down for families under $200,000. Incomes between the two levels would stay about the same.

Last week, at one campaign stop, Biden talked about the tax relief a family making $150,000 would get. That number was an example. It was chosen because it was deemed to be a representative number for that days crowd (I think he was in Northern Virginia at the time, but I could be mistaken.)

The McCain campaign jumped all over that and called it a "change." It wasn't. It was an example.

That said, I agree with Tom that the number may have to change to straighten out the fiscal mess our country is in. The problem is that we (the USA) have already spent the money (our money, our kids money, and our grandkids money.) We all sat by far too quietly and let spending go unchecked for the last 8 years. Someday, you have to pay the piper.

But right now, the proposal is that if you make $300,000 a year (top 3-4% nationwide) you would pay an extra 3% on the income over $250,000. I don't think that $1500 will break any of those earners.