View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Posting on the BST

Posted By: Jeff Williams

I would like to know what the rules are in regards to posting comments on the BST. Can anybody post anything or is the BST just for selling cards?

Recently, I felt like I came under fire from another board member because I posted a card for sale that I previously had for sale in another listing a couple months ago. He said that I had this card listed for a cheaper price and that he had emailed me previously to buy it.

The first time I saw his comment was on the BST the following day that I had posted. So, I decided to email him regarding the situation. When I went to email the guy, I noticed that he had already emailed me. I then sent an email to him saying that I was upset that he had posted anything on the BST. That we can handle the situation privately and that I felt posting a comment on the BST was unnecessary. He said he emailed me the night before (which he did) and that was ample enough time to respond. I apologized that I was not at my computer awaiting his email and that I dont have the time to spend on the computer every minute waiting to see if somebody emailed me.

I was going to let this whole issue pass without a word. But thinking about it, If I chose to place this card for 100 dollars more than what I previously posted this card for, would I be in the wrong? I dont think so. I feel you can price your cards for whatever you choose. Of course I know I would never sell the card at that price. But, I believe you can "try" to sell your cards at whatever the price you believe its worth.

I also believe nobody should be allowed to post comments on the BST, unless that comment is to purchase the card, memorabilia,etc.

I have always thought that I go above and beyond with packaging, shipping and insurance with the cards I sell. And, have never had an issue until now.

I do not want this to turn into a pissing match between myself and the other person. However, I do feel that this issue needs to be discussed.

Jeff Williams