Thread: Babe Ruth $$$
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 06:49 AM
Colton
Colt0n Eng.lish

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...IRWgFcpTFV_A4G

I’ve never done this before, so I hope it works

I’m hoping the above link works, if so it should take you to an article from the Albuquerque Journal written in 2015. My really good friend, kinda my baseball card mentor, ‘Bubba’ owned an awesome shop here in Abq for over 30 years. I frequented his shop from the time I was a small child, until he closed it down shortly after this incident(well into my thirties).

His prize possession was that Babe Ruth ball. I got to know Jim pretty darn well as I got older I would frequent his shop almost weekly, and he would show me all sorts of super neat stuff. Jim was into perfect centering and Gem Mint cards long before any TPG ever slabbed a card. His collection today would bring $$ through the ROOF. I’m not positive, but I truly believe when the ball was stolen from him, he lost interest, and literally closed up shop.

I don’t know whatever came of this story, sadly I have not seen Bubba since, but with so many other balls out there, I sure hope he gets to own, hold & enjoy another one..

Since this board is so extensive and chalked full of super collectors, wouldn’t it be cool if we could somehow find his exact ball, the one with the ‘R’ written twice. I would think if the owner today knew the story behind it, something surly could get worked out to return the ball to Bubba.

Probably a super long shot, but I figured I would throw this out there.

See what I did there, thanks all

Colton

Last edited by nineunder71; 09-23-2021 at 07:02 AM.