View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro- Lionel Carter Video .....next please

Posted By: mr. moses

whom I hope is still alive and well. His name was Bill Nielson. Mostly cards of any kind and marbles. Top notch guy with a top notch collection. What made his approach interesting is that he liked to have at least two of everything so he could show the front and back. Barry you could get an extra copy from someone on the board - encapsulate both - now you have the ever impressive 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 known - you get to show both sides in a display for when friends come over to see your "stuff". SGC may even make private labels designating from the "Sloate" collection.
I must confess that I actually do have a box in the closet with all the pens, mouse pads, CD's and whatever from the big auction houses. There's an autographed Halper catalog that Barry signed, the Leland's Babe Ruth baseball, and all sorts of other junk. Today we collect all the crap that was saved by whomever for whatever reason long ago. 100 years or so later some of it is actually worth something. I don't kid myself into thinking this crap will ever be worth much if anything. I anticipate that it will be interesting to me in 10 years to look at and wonder why I never threw it out. I'll think it worth maybe a dollar or two in a box lot and decide I can't throw it away and it's not enough money to sell. So I'll put it back in the closet for another 10 years. Yesh. Grounhog day all over again. Truth is that I just can't help myself.....