View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 01:57 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
A tremendous amount of "energy" in the hobby, for lack of a better word, is from 20-30 year olds who are into case breaking. The price points for some of these new high end cases (basketball and football particularly) are like $7000 - $10,000. Younger people speculating that they will get the next PSA 9 Zion or Jasson Dominquez card that will fetch $200,000. They are also the ones who have swamped PSA. Including with Pokemon and Magic cards. Once they realize that shows are not an effective way of feeding their gambling jones, they will move on.

I've been fascinated with the breaking scene for a while and have dipped my toe in it a bit. It's amazing to me when I see a personal break of some new football release where some dude has paid $6,000 for a box of ten cards. The odds of making a profit on that box is minuscule. But to each his own. I just shutter to think whose dropping $6,000 to take a shot like that. If I paid $6,000 and ended up with $350 in cards I would likely be in a pretty bad mood for a while.
I think it’s the thrill of the rush, kinda like sports book and gambling.

Can be Fun But Can Also Lose You a Lot of Cash Quick.

More People are profiting off it selling these breaks not buying to them.