View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 09:49 AM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Your line:
"It was always sell, sell, sell! This hurt him really bad in the long-run."

Certainly a true sentiment value wise. Yes he was hurt financially BUT he obviously thrived and it was in his blood so I really feel he was not hurt by all the selling quickly. He made money most likely on 90% of his deals (estimate) because he literally flipped everything he had quickly!

Could his family had millions of dollars of cards if he had held on to some things? Yes! But it was not his style and I'm sure his family did fine in the long run.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the great "Cliffs Notes" version! Enjoyed it!

Peace, Mike
It is always easy to look back at the cards that grew 500 percent and wish you had kept them. But don't forget all the Eric Davis type rookie cards that were sold for $25 each back in the day that are worth .85 cents now.

Plus if those profits back then were used for Real Estate purchases or Stock purchases, then you may have realized the same gains anyway....and don't have the losses you would have by keeping all the stuff that went down in value like the Eric Davis rookies.

PS if that is how you were paying the bills by flipping and dealing cards, then keeping them isn't really much of an option anyway.

Last edited by HistoricNewspapers; 07-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.