View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

I've had an insured package I sent ( value of $1000 ) missing with no tracking info since August 17th!!

Spoke to the local Postmaster twice where it was out for delivery then supposedly forwarded to a different address. Crickets since.

Just got the below notice I have no idea if they are doing the things mentioned or I have to.

They say things like "the next step we could do" and
"An online inquiry can be submitted"

So did they do the next step or submit an inquiry?? I have no clue after reading the email. See:

Subject line: Your USPS Service Request #14582648 Has Been Resolved! ( has it???) my words

Dear Fred M,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

I have emailed the post office of the forwarding address. They did not recall seeing the package, but are on the lookout for it.

Alternately, the next step we could do would be a mail recovery search. When mail items are found during our processing operations, they are collected in the "loose‑in‑the‑mail" section of the Post Office. The item(s) are held for seven (7) days pending a match with a sender or an addressee. However, at times no match occurs. Sometimes an item will find its way to the Mail Recover Center (MRC) in Atlanta, GA. Items of value will be held at the in MRC for 90 days.

An online inquiry can be submitted on your behalf for letters, flats, or parcels containing important original documents or items valued at $25 or more. Once an electronic Search Form is completed, it goes directly to the MRC Inventory database in Atlanta, GA at 12:01 a.m., where the system will begin searching the Mail Recovery Center Search and Inventory System for a match. If a match is found immediately, the system will alert the MRC staff and notify you via email or letter. The mail piece will be returned or forwarded as requested.

If an immediate match is not found, the Search and Inventory System will continue to look for the item until a match is made or the retention period expires. The system will also send periodic notifications of the status of the search. If the system is unable to match the search, final notification will be sent to you.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Gary

Supv Customer Services