View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 11:53 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpittman765 View Post
Thank you both for your input. I purchased the card assuming it was skinned. I submitted the card to PSA for authentication, allowing me peace of mind when I sold it that the card was genuine. I assumed it would be returned to me as an A, not a 1. I plan on selling the card in my EBay store, and I always want my descriptions to be totally accurate and clear. After this card was graded a 1, I researched Mayo Cut Plug backs and found there is precedent for blank backs, although 99% of backs are solid black.
So, in my EBay listing, I will alert potential buyers that this card may be (probably is, certainly is??) skinned, despite PSA grading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a better view than we can with it in hand, but you can tell it is skinned instead of a blank back by the texture of the back and the evidence of peeling layers on the edges, not just the color. It does not appear to be a blank back card. It is definitely skinned, but PSA's incompetence will surely pay off as 50%+ of the buyer base will not look at anything but the slab.