View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 04:39 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Whether legit or not (I'm giving benefit of the doubt that it's legit), these outages and subsequent extensions to the auction seem pretty certain to inflate eventual sales prices.

Last night I bid an item thinking it was in extended bidding, based on the email I'd received just prior stating the extended period would start at 11pm sharp. As the site was slow and intermittently down, I figured I needed to hustle to get my bid through while the site would accept it before the lot by lot closing. Shortly afterward I saw the email saying the new closing time would be Sunday. In that time frame however I was outbid, and then I saw it had been bid up another 5 increments during the night. I'm guessing this may have been done by folks who also thought it was in extended bidding and needed to get bids in.

Guessing several other lots saw similar bidding activity last night and then repeated again today, just before or after 3pm for people who could get through.

ADDING: howling maybe not as much of an increase, since it seems some, including myself were not able to get in at all during today’s extended bidding

Last edited by itjclarke; 05-17-2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Or not