View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 05:38 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk400 View Post
When you look at the Angels and see that he leads the team in every meaningful batting and pitching stat, you just wonder how bad they would be if you replaced him with a bunch of prospects and maybe a three or four Tier 2 veterans. And a previous poster is right in that Ohtani's less than fluent English probably doesn't hamper his ability to lead the team. So I take that back.

I'm going contrarian and predicting that he stays with the Angels long term. He's going to accept a lot less money than what he's worth in order to help them win a championship -- and he's going to go down as a legend in his adopted community. Something tells me he's listening to people like Ichiro, as opposed to the A-Rods of the world. And it would be better for the soul of baseball.

I grew up as a Mets fan, but please please please don't let him go work for that hedge fund guy.

Please.
Cannot disagree about most of your points. You are right. I am not concerned about the language.
But we will see how they replace all that production next years and the years going forward without those prospects and players they would have had.

Neither side is wrong in keeping or not keeping him. I just feel getting 2 months of Ohtani vs the long term potential of what they could have gotten is really going to hurt them.

and WOW #40 Last night and raising his average to .310 and on base to .413 is simply amazing.
Hopefully he is ok pitching short and long term as he had to stop pitching after great innings do to another minor issue.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph