View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 05:32 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
There is currently a "near" master set up for auction at Heritage and they claim, in order to finish it, one needs the Red back Page/Sain bio and the Red back Sain/Page bio cards.
Is this just a typo/error where they meant to type black back instead of red back? If not, this is the 1st time I've ever heard of these wrong bio cards being printed on red back cards.
https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...umbnail-071515
Wow, I just received the Heritage catalog and was looking through it and saw the same thing which led me to the same question as you. I checked my set and I don't have the red back versions of the wrong bios. The Heritage listing for the set definitely indicates that the Sain BB (Page Bio) and Page BB (Sain Bio) are included so doesn't seem like a typo.

The red back variations with the wrong bios aren't listed on the PSA Master Set checklist. However, on the population report for the 1952 Topps set, there are 2 separate entries for Page with Sain Bio and Page with Sain Bio Black Back (and likewise for Sain with Page Bio and Sain with Page Bio Blacj Back) so that seems to indicate they do exist unless there were cards graded before they started labeling them for different back colors.

If anyone has an example of the Sain or Page red backs with the wrong bios, please post pics of them.