View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I admit I don't read every thread, but I didnt realize political comments were such a problem around here. I rarely see them.
I didn't realize it was a problem either, I've found this site to be more politically free than the comments made on the internal web pages by employees at my recent employer (Wells Fargo,) and they had a no politics rule too.

I come here to think about baseball, cards, memorabilia (and my own happy childhood) and I appreciate the efforts made to keep this place politics free.

Having said that, in a free society, it is sometimes impossible to get away from the topic entirely, and I think people by necessity need to have thick enough skin to withstand the onslaught of being exposed to someone else expressing their opinion on that subject, now and then.

But to each his own. I have backed away from certain sites for awhile, and quit others entirely, when I no longer enjoyed them, for whatever reason. I do think all the bad news involving the card altering scandal has put a damper on things here.... (not saying it shouldn't have, just saying it did.)