View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Default 1934 Diamond Match

Posted By: Michael Moran

60 years ago Tom Torrent and Frank Tripodi listed the known matchbooks in the sets put out by the Diamond Match company in the early 1930s - baseball, football, hockey, night life, broadcasting stars, and movies. These are called the T & T lists and have been passed around and published widely. I have Sports Collectors Digest Standard Catalog of Football Cards, but they don't list different colors and I don't see Link Lyman in their list. So as different colors and differt players are discovered, I don't know where a database for that information would be kept - except in this forum. Some players are hard to find in specific colors - Mel Hein in tan for example - at least for me, that was the one among the NY Giants that took the longest to find. That was the only part of the set I was really looking to complete. So it can run the price at auction up if someone is trying to finish their set and needs a specific cover. The most I've ever seen a 1934 matchcover go for on eBay was a tan Red Grange that sold for $511 in 2001 - and I haven't seen another up for auction since. I didn't buy it, but I saved the scan: