View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:16 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Happy Birthday Brooks!

Day 139 (May 18, 2020 – 139)

Happy Birthday Brooks!

Quote: "How many interviews, how many questions - how many times you approached him and got only courtesy and decency in return. A true gentleman who never took himself seriously. I always had the idea he didn't know he was Brooks Robinson." - Joe Falls of the Detroit News

On Brooks Robinson’s birthday I decided to picture a pretty cool poster. In the 70’s The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States put out some advertising posters of different predominant sports figures including Brooks. The B&W poster is around 17”x22” and states, “BROOKS! There’s nobody else exactly like him.” I know the poster has been posted before, but it’s one of my favorite setups on a poster and while it’s not uncommon, and it’s been shown before, it’s just COOL…

The 70’s Equitable poster

Day 139 a.jpg

Thought I would show the stamp on the back of the poster of where it was displayed originally. The red stamping is small; unsure why it turned out so large when uploaded.

Day 139 ab.jpg

Also, have an Equitable ad that was in TSN that states basically the same statement that is on the poster, “There’s nobody else exactly like Brooks Robinson.” I have also included the George Loh print that was used for the ad.

TSN Equitable ad

Day 139 b Ad TSN The Equitable.jpg

Day 139 The Equitable George Loh.jpg