View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 12:24 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yeah true,

Maybe someday. I probably don't have a huuuge treasure trove of material on file when it comes down to it, and back then it was much more memorabilia and photos then cards.

I actually bought an adapter to try and transfer my files from my boxes full of floppies a few years ago, and I got about 2 or 3 floppies in and I hit a wall after realizing how time consuming it was...how long it took for my computer to decipher the floppies, even with the adapter...the time it took renaming the files from scratch so they could be searchable...and probably worst of all, how absolutely sh**ty the images from back then were...even when I thought I was using better equipment for that time period.
Ain't that the truth. My files begin in 2003 and a lot of the saved images I pasted into my word files are... still complete crap. Sometimes it's enough to confirm X exists or that Y is something to dig into. When I really hit a wall is when I have done all I can with known unknowns and I get to the unknown unknowns where I don't really know what it is I am even looking for. But that is also part of the fun of the adventure!