View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 07:42 PM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
You're in a tough spot now. You're currently sitting on $100,000 or $200,000 USD worth of basketball cards. Do you HOLD or SELL? How much will they all be worth next year? These cards are being bought and sold at inflated prices, and it's not going to last.
For sure, when things escalate 500-800% in the span of 3 months, it's clearly not sustainable or real. I'd expect anyone who has these cards and doesn't want to hold them indefinitely should sell off now. I'm definitely considering selling one of the Magic/Bird cards, as there is no reason for a non-speculator to hold both.

I'm probably in only 10-20% of the current value of these cards, though, and have searched them out with care. They were all bought pre-runup in prices, and a few early in the runup at pre-prices. I'd like them to be part of my long-term collection, so as long as I don't have higher collecting priorities they'll probably stay.

When you start looking at the POP's of these key cards compared to their Baseball counterparts, it's shocking. I don't know that I'd ever find another '61F PSA 7 Wilt with comparable eye appeal, for example.
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)

Last edited by ZiggerZagger; 08-14-2020 at 07:49 PM.