View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Jeff R

Default Cool Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcatt View Post
Sorry, replying a little late to this 2018 conversation. Here is a photo of Garland Buckeye, Ty Cobb, Tris Speaker and my great uncle, Max Wilde from Oct 31, 1927. Max had traveled to the train station to pickup Buckeye, Cobb and Speaker for a 3 week hunting trip. This is a framed art piece in my basement with the original photo and original Associated News Service poster from Oct 1927. Also attached are several photos including Max with Red Sox Mgr Cronin (hats swapped) during the 1946 series, Yawkey, Cobb and guests and Max, Cobb with Max in front of the Cody, WY, Irma Hotel, Max with Lefty Grove and Pinky Higgens and Max with Mickey Cochrane dated 10/31/35 following the Series.
Thanks for sharing your intimate knowledge of the hunting photos and the connection to your great uncle. Threads and posts like this are my favorite part of Net54.
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...