View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonfalcon19 View Post
Great baseballs. I wish I would of just bought that Simmons ball. Anyways here is a ball from what I believe could be from Game 3 of the 1926 World Series. As you can see the score is 4-0 and has (although hard to see) New York Yankees vs St. Louis Cardinals. The ball has the Yankees lineup and Yankee pitchers on the one panel. It also has the Cardinals players on there running down the sweet spot. I would love to see where this ball has been and who could held/hit this ball.
Ron that ball is AWESOME. 1926 had to be in the Top 10 for Greatest World Series of All Time. If not #1. Lil Johnny Sylvester in the hospital game Babe hits 3 HRs in a game for him. The Grover Cleveland Alexander story in games 6 & 7. Lazzeri K'ing with the bases loaded. Ruth getting caught stealing to end Game 7. Cardinals - Yankees, two of the most storied franchises in history, it had it all!! Have you put that ball under a UV light to see if you can make everything out, might tell you more. But just to imagine who hit it, who caught it, who pitched it, just awesome to think about!

Also, what is cool about your ball is that was Gehrig's 1st Road WS Game. So just thinking of Lou and boys on the train to St Louis, and him stepping on to his first NL Park (Sportmans) running out to first base. Love game used balls!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 08-02-2020 at 08:18 PM.