View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default help with paypal

Posted By: warshawlaw

because of this crap, which is why I do not accept it.

However, if you read paypal's slew of rules you will note that they place the burden on you as a seller to prove delivery of a package to their satisfaction and the only way to do that is with a signed proof of delivery handed to them on a silver platter. Even if the buyer does not pay for it, you have to use it or you are at peril from this sort of rip off. Now, that said, you can send anything at all and as long as the buyer signs for the package paypal washes its hands of the situation, even if the buyer ordered a ming vase and ended up with a bed pan (M*A*S*H fans...remember that one?). I got stiffed on two fake OJ cards that way.

The other way to protect yourself if you are going to use paypal as a seller is to link the checking account that accesses paypal to a savings account and institute a sweep instruction at your bank that drains the proceeds from the checking account automatically into the savings. that way, when paypal tries to grab money they get nothing. you generally have to open a commercial account to do this but not always. depends on the bank. then let them threaten you; your counter is the truth. better to have the $$ in hand.

Your best bet, of course, is to join the millions of others who refuse to use paypal. There is a web site (i think it is www.paypalsucks.com) with lots of fun horror stories.