Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 02:31 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Great finds, Carlton! Mike Wolfe of American Pickers is a big vintage American motorcycle guy and I’ve seen him geek out and pay pretty decent money for similar jerseys.

I grew up not too far from Newark, OH (it’s about 40 miles east of Columbus). Back in the day, we made fun of Newark and called it “Nerk” (like the hick locals did). These days, like many former farm towns in Ohio, I think it’s gone a bit upscale.
Hey thanks Rob for the post and logistical run down...

Below is a 1956 NY motorcycle plate I stumbled on today in an antiques store... goes good with the 1956 Calif plate I got last November...collecting motorcycle plates seems to be pretty popular...I believe there are serious collectors out there that go after them like baseball cards...I'm more relaxed about it...they're nice to add to my other motorcycle stuff when I run into them...I think the serious collectors are into condition...I'm not...I prefer them worn...especially since I think they're knocking out re-pops...