View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 07:11 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I'd recommend selling the PSA graded Ruth and using the proceeds to purchase an SGC example that would better fit your collection. However, that might be viewed upon as a taxable event.

Trading one Ruth for another is one alternative, although that would likely be easier-said-than-done.

I believe SGC has a crossover service with "minimum grade" option. Have you explored this?
Absolutely. In fact, I believe that they require you to enter a minimum grade. But it will cost me at least $250 to try it out, whether it makes the grade or not.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Selling it and/or trading are reasonable options. The problem, and it is a good problem to have, is that I particularly like THIS card, perhaps more so than anyone else would since the stamp doesn't bother me at all, and I would probably be disappointed in what it would sell for vs. what I would need to pay for an equivalent (in my eyes) in an SGC holder.

Great feedback, you've all given me a lot to consider.

EDIT: For example, here is an SGC 2 that looks decent, until the creases along the lower third of the card are noticed. I think creases present the biggest challenge on anything below a 3, especially if buying online. https://www.ebay.com/itm/22443682877...8AAOSwooJgivog
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson

Last edited by chadeast; 05-19-2021 at 07:26 PM.