View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Bill Gregory

I used to really prefer the SGC slab + flip. I love the way they looked. Then I got a few cards where the slabs were beaten up, and they looked like hell. I used my novus plastic scratch removing system, and it just didn't take the scratches out. It was an improvement, but not enough where I could display them, or take scans I'd be satisfied with.

Then PSA came out with their new slab. I, too, really like it. The flip has remained consistent for quite some time, and the few times a change has been made, like the addition of half grades, or how certain elements are organized on the right side (numerical grade next to, or under the descriptor), the appearance has remained the same. And the slab itself is much more secure. If I get a card in that slab, I know it's the one that was graded. Nobody is opening that thing without breaking it. It is solid, and looks really nice. And I like the way it displays, too. So, I will be joining PSA's little club here soon, and sending in all my ungraded T206s to get graded by PSA. I will be crossing over my SGC T206s, and the T206s I have in PSA slabs, I will pay to have them reholdered. There are only 5 of them, so it won't be that expensive. But PSA has done what I hoped they would, and they are going to get my business.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-20-2014 at 12:38 AM.